Nonni’s Biscotti grew out of true Italian tradition. In the little town of Lucca, Italy along narrow cobbled lanes surrounded by elegant piazzas, our Nonni (an endearing term for Grandma) made biscotti to share with family and friends. When Nonni came to America, almost a century ago, she brought the family recipe with her.
To this day, the same family recipe using real eggs, butter and gourmet bittersweet chocolate is still used to give our biscotti a light, crunchy texture that is delicately sweet. Our devotion to quality ingredients has been the foundation for the continued success of the company, and the key reason Nonni’s Biscotti is the number one selling biscotti in the country.
- Biscotti are gourmet dunking cookies, pronounced <bis-coat-tee> in Italy, but more commonly pronounced <bis-cot-tee> in America.
- The name Biscotti is derived from ‘bis’ meaning twice in Italian and ‘cotto’ meaning baked.
- Biscotti was first created in the fourteenth century in the Tuscany region of Italy.
Nonni’s Biscotti Facts
- Nonni’s Biscotti are the most popular selling biscotti on the market and the only national brand sold coast to coast.
- Nonni’s Biscotti are made with real eggs, butter and gourmet bittersweet chocolate so they are light, crunchy, and delicately sweet.
- Biscotti have been spotted on popular television shows such as Two and a Half Men, Friends, The Ellen DeGeneres Show and Sex and the City. Nonni’s Biscotti have been placed in the elaborate gift baskets given to celebrities at the Tony Awards, the Daytime Emmy Awards, and Oscar parties.